fusion australia ltd’s privacy statement
WHAT IS PRIVACY?
According to the Information and Privacy Commission, Privacy can mean the right to a sense of personal freedom, the right to be left alone and most importantly, the right to have information about oneself handled in a fair and proper manner.
FUSION must handle your personal and health information in accordance with NSW’s Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 and other relevant legislation. These Acts set out the privacy principles that FUSION must abide by when it collects, stores, uses and discloses personal and health information.
FUSIONS’ PRIVACY OBLIGATIONS
• the ways in which Fusion complies with its privacy obligations;
• policies and practices that address Fusion’s privacy responsibilities; and
• procedures relating to handling grievances or complaints regarding Fusion’s privacy practices.
Fusion’s Privacy Information Sheet provides a summary of the information protection principles that Fusion must comply with when handling your personal and health information.
Fusion collects your personal and/or health information for lawful purposes that are directly related to Fusion’s functions or activities. When Fusion collects your personal and/or health information, you will be informed as to why it is being collected, what will be done with it, whether it’s required by law and your rights of access to and correction of that information.
Fusion takes all reasonable steps to protect your personal and/or health information against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Fusion will NOT disclose your personal or health information unless:
• you have provided clear and written consent to do so;
• a court or similar body has ordered the information’s release;
• a law enforcement agency is requiring information and certain tests are met; or
• the disclosure is necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to your life or health or that of another person.
FUSION WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Information collected online by Fusion
When you visit Fusion’s website, our servers may collect the following information for statistical purposes: your IP address, browser type, operating system, pages viewed while browsing Fusion’s website, dates and times of the visit.
Where your personal information is collected while visiting our site, we will provide you with details about the purpose for collecting it including how it will be used, whether it’s required by or under law and if it’s to be disclosed to any other party. We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which you provided it or a directly related purpose.
Fusion has a number of security measures in place to protect against IT security risks. These include firewalls, network intrusion detection and virus scanning.
Some Fusion sites can only be accessed with a login name and password to ensure that only authorised users are able to access personal information. You should ensure that your password is kept securely and not accessible by others.
Links to other Websites
FUSION PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
By signing a Fusion program / activity consent form, or by enrolling or re-enrolling (such as proceeding with on online application) you consent to the FUSION collecting, using or disclosing any personal and/or health information you provide to FUSION for the below primary purposes, and/or any secondary purposes reasonably related to the below primary purposes:
1. The administration of my application, enrolment and the provision of services to you by Fusion;
2. Verifying or exchanging my information with other organisations when I am being referred by or to them;
3. Verifying or exchanging my information with government agencies and other organisations such as, but not limited to, the Commonwealth or State government department which funds the relevant program (according to their requirements for data collection), the Commonwealth government department with responsibility for immigration for visa status (where relevant), Family and Community Services for child protection issues (where relevant), and any other relevant referring organisation;
4. Responding to any demand for information from courts and/or tribunals or similar judicial agencies whether under subpoena or by force of law;
5. Placing me with an external body for the purpose of personal support, work experience, health support as required by my involvement in Fusion’s programs;
6. Disclosure of my personal and/or health information in exceptional circumstances if considered imperative for reasons of health or safety, such as if I am missing for longer than three weeks;
7. Any activities other than those in (1) above which are related to the activities of Fusion including but not limited to administration, governance, provision of facilities, insurance, procedural rules, management, research, quality assurance, financial systems, learning, youth activities, recreational activities and activities for the benefit of the community;
8. Fusion communicating with you for newsletter, fundraising or promotional purposes;
9. Surveys which may be sent to me to help Fusion evaluate and improve services and activities.
Any Fusion worker or member of the public who is concerned about how their personal or health information is being handled by FUSION should contact the privacy officer in the relevant FUSION Department or Program. The privacy officer will discuss your concerns or complaints and endeavour to reach a suitable resolution, referring to any existing FUSION policies or complaint handling guidelines.
Where an individual wishes to make a formal request for a review of FUSION’ conduct in the handling of his/her personal or health information, the Fusion Complaint Form is to be completed and lodged with the relevant Fusion Centre / Department / Program Coordinator.
WHO TO CONTACT ABOUT PRIVACY
Your first contact for any privacy-related matters should be the privacy officer in the relevant Centre or Program. If you need any further information or support in relation to privacy matters, please contact your local Fusion Centre.
Fusion Centre contact details can be found on the Fusion Australia website